Monday, August 25, 2008

The times they are a changin'

Last night he asked me what's new?  My answer, from the depths of a haze, life.  It's always changing.  He tells me it doesn't have to if you don't want it to.  I said it doesn't matter.  Life just always changes.

The past few days have led me to question "who am I?" as I had to rush into survival mode.  I have no time to think for the future.  I now think for the here and now.  For 2 days ahead.  For 2 weeks ahead.  For where will I be Sept. 12th?  One day after my city cried.

You can always tell if a woman is going through a significant change from the look of her hair.  I chopped mine off Sunday afternoon.  You tell me what that means.  I am doing all I can to facilitate change.  Today I spoke to G-d and told him exactly what I want for the next few weeks.  I hope He heard me.  I spelled everything out loud and clear.  I even had a witness.

T'shuvah, tefilah, tzedaka, and physical location.  That's what the gemara says is necessary to facilitate change.  I hope I can work on the first three and think about the last one.

No comments: