Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My dreams just keep getting more interesting

So a few weeks ago I had a dream about a religious friend of mine from college. I haven't seen him in real life since his wedding almost 2 years ago. In my dream we were just hanging out, shooting the sh-t. He was even wearing a black hat to match his white shirt and black pants. In my dream he told me that his wife was pregnant with twins and from her first pregnancy she also delivered twins.

I tend to be right about dreams like this. I also tend to never see my friend on-line, so of course I practically attacked him when I saw his name pop up on my computer screen. I told him all about my dream and while he said he "couldn't say about twins..." his wife is expecting around Pesach (b'shaah tova)! Yeah, I know. I'm kinda like a modern day prophetess, so watch out if I have any dreams about YOU.

A couple of weeks later I had a dream about an ex boyfriend. The only details I can remember is that we were sitting on the subway together and he had a clear box of small pastries - one definitely looked like the napoleans I used to bring on Shabbat for his parents. My clear box had six small cupcakes with frosting and different colored sprinkles on top. We ate our baked goods and chatted like old times, like we haven't done in probably 5 years. And when I woke up...I felt...so good! So content because it was really nice catching up with him. Weird, right? But it felt so real.

A week or two later I had a dream about another, most recent, ex. Unfortunately it has slipped my memory because last night I had another dream about him. I was also left feeling content like the way you feel when you've caught up with an old friend. Last night's dream was a bit different. Something about his laptop - it was having some issues (much like mine is having in real life), and we were going to the supermarket because we were cooking but I think we had some issues trying to find some kosher items. Still, it was really nice to see you :)

In other news, technology is just not on my side lately. I am having a lot of issues. My laptop keeps overheating and randomly shutting down so I need to send it out to be serviced, which means I'll be laptop-less for about a week once I ship it out. Last night my phone sorta broke and it won't recognize that the charger is plugged in and I currently have one bar of battery left. So that means it's a trip to Verizon today! Awesome.

I have a huge interview slated and I'm so excited about it I get butterflies when I think about it. It feels good to be excited for a job because I haven't felt like this since September.

I've been on a cooking trip lately. Yesterday I made malawach which became fatoot when I added an egg and cheese to it. And then of course I had to eat it with sour cream and schug, israeli salad and yogurt. That's not too fat kid is it? And then I got hungry late last night and decided to make a stir fry, adding honey and brown sugar to my teriyaki sauce. YUMMMMM. Tonight I shall attempt goat cheese empanadas. Maybe I should go to the gym to burn off come calories in advance...

I do have more to write about. Much more, in fact. But I've gotta get on with my day. Mucho mucho love-o xx

No comments: