Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last night, in an attempt to induce sleep I pretended my pillow was man
Arm wrapped around it, pillowcase became chest hair as I ran my fingers through it.

This did not help. Instead I thought about my fantasy pillow man. Pretended to lock my leg between his, lay my head on his pillow chest and imagine whose face I would put on his.

Would he gaze at me in my sleep, wake me with soft kisses as I push him away from my fantasy morning breath
Would he bring me coffee in bed, paraphrase newspaper articles, suggest brunch at a quaint warm
cafe I would always be able to eat at in fantasy land

For 15 minutes before I finally dozed off into a dreamless sleep, I contemplated how my fantasy pillow man would fare as a lover and what kind of life partner he would turn out to be

No comments: