Monday, June 7, 2010

Today I did the unthinkable

I convinced myself to sign up for Jdate. After less than 24 hours of using it, I'd like my money back. Most of the men who have messaged me are overweight, short, unattractive, and/or bald. Oh, and a couple are extra socially awkward and have proceeded to insult me WHILE complimenting me! "You're really pretty, but why else should I be interested in you?" Um, maybe for all the lovely reasons stated in my fucking profile I wasted 30 minutes of my life agonizing over, Mr. 40-year-old divorced, bald, modern orthodox man. Why don't YOU tell ME why I even bothered responding to you with "I think my neshama shines more than my outward appearance."

I think it's safe to say my soul mate is not on Jdate. I have yet to find a kosher keeping, shabbat loving, music appreciating hipster who can kick my ass at the gym while quoting poetry to me on or offline. I will give this thing an honest week. Dear G-d give me the strength to ignore the crazies.

1 comment:

channahboo said...

Wow kol hakavod! In less than 24 hours you managed to cover my entire 3 month experience of Jdate NY! Dust of your beautiful neshama and start again... and FYI I love shabbat, I more than appreciate music, I can totally kick your ass in the gym (before I pass out) and poetry... pleas girl you know me! Just need to work on the kashrut and the fact I am a girl... :) Maybe the mistake is jdate USA. Clearly your soulmate is from Leeds!