Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/29/10

Your disingenuous ways have made me question everything
Like why men feign love and devotion all for the sake of sex that doesn't happen
Why 3 subway stops once separated my heart from yours
Left me waiting and anticipating
Seemed like infinite hours
And now I can't wait for you to be so far away from my F train.
You can keep the G
Be gone with it. Ride it all the way to San Francisco.
There will be no flowers left at your doorstep for you to place in your hair
No silent vigils when you leave
No dramatic returns of items that belong to you
Just the waiting and the waiting and the glorious waiting for you to leave this borough that was/is yours
Will soon be mine
Waiting waiting delicious waiting for Brooklyn to become my new love
My new lover
I will go down on Brooklyn
Go down in Brooklyn
Brooklyn and I will go down in history as being the most genuine couple
Novels will be written about us
Posters with our bodies on it
Musky oils made to smell like our sex
Left as lingering reminders
Evoking memories of summer love that expired well before its time.

No comments: