Sunday, April 22, 2007

Not much to say really

I think this is the first time in a while where I don't have anything to really complain about. I can still be confused about the usual NY/Israel blah blah, and I can still be melancholy at times, but the only thing I'm remotely upset about are the new kilos that have decided to cling to my body.

It dawned on me that Friday was 4/20 and that I completely forgot about it. Not that I would have celebrated American University student-style, but it would have been nice to stop for a brief moment and think "oh, it's 4/20, I remember when..." But I guess that's what happens when you are in a new country. You begin to forget things about the Old Country, such as smoking holidays and Labor Day Weekend. But here we get Yom Ha'atzmaut - Israel Independence Day and I for one cannot wait to begin the festivities. I know this may sound sick, but I actually do look forward to the tekes - ceremony - in Kikar Rabin. It makes me sad and nostalgic for men and women I never knew but wish I had. It also makes me want to hug anyone in uniform. But you can't help but get excited as well for the boozing and BBQs.


It scares me to be so happy now. I know something's gotta give. But I feel like as long as I remind myself to take everything one day at a time, then I'm doing something to ensure I don't get burned in the end. It's getting harder to sleep alone. I must work on that. Chag Sameach l'kuuuuulam! May we drink ourselves into oblivion and nurse our hangovers with sunshine and an assortment of meat! *muah*

1 comment:

channahboo said...

Once you get used to it you can never get used to sleeping alone... Although at times I love it there is always that feeling of something... someone missing.

mwah