Friday, May 18, 2007

But baby it's cold outside

Hey Brits! England called and it wants its weather back!

When I came to the last hour of my packing, barely able to zip up my suitcase while sitting on it, I had to consider if it was so necessary to pack up my coats and boots. Well who would have thought that Mother Nature would have gotten confused, and of course only days after my arrival April showers are now bringing May showers. Here in NY, the sky is gray, there's a chill in the air, rain falls and stops and falls again, and I, with a 30 minute walk to synagogue, am without my coat. I must say though, I am looking forward to wearing my fuzzy boots that were left in NY after many Israelis told me over and over again that the winter rainfall would only ruin them. I never told them about the pang of envy I would feel when I saw women walking the streets of Tel Aviv in their Uggs and other such fuzzy footwear.

I am also looking forward to NYC summer weather. The thick heat that fills the subway. Dresses without leggings. Tubetops. Sandals. Permanent flip flops. Oh, basically the weather I left ;)

2 comments:

albertchen11 said...

your friends im comments are correct...

albertchen11 said...

your im conversation seems about on point...