Wednesday, October 31, 2007

London Buses

I woke up this morning from a dream about him and her and me and a car and a computer in an office. I woke up this morning without having any interviews scheduled. By 3 PM I had 2 interviews scheduled for the early evening. After what seemed like a 15 minute so-so interview in an office that was shared by 5 people and looked like a tornado hit, and a normal length interview in an office to die for (well not literally), I headed over to the Bowery Poetry Club to practice my poem that I'm performing in my show next week. It was the first time I performed something memorized and it felt great. I kept my cool and was barely conscious that I was on stage. I just have to do it "bigger" for the real thing.

During the poetry reading, I got a call from an unrecognized number I assumed was a friend's work number. Turns out it was another PR firm calling about a job. When it rains it pours. London buses. Insert typical phrase here.

I'm not complaining though. On the contrary, I like that now I'm meeting with firms that light up when I say that I can start working tomorrow. I'm looking forward to proving to the firm that provides weekly manicures that I can be fierce.

No comments: