Tuesday, April 22, 2008

With Pesach comes summertime

This is the first Pesach in a couple of years that I am back in New York, and while my location has changed, one thing is still the same: the arrival of Pesach brings the feeling of summer. Even with the hustle and bustle of rushing before shabbat and preparing for 2 days of chag, I stopped to feel the warm air around me and the sun on my skin. The deliciousness of it all was almost too much to bear and it just didn't feel like shabbat was coming. It felt like a whole new season. Like the gray clouds of New York were finally melting away.

I had lovely seders, although different and kitniyot-free, and I still managed to read the paragraph with the word "shadayim" in it, bringing me back to a house in Hertzliya where they laughed and I didn't get the joke. I was so innocent then ;)

I'm still waiting for 2008 to bring all of its glory and splendor. I think it's time I stop putting so much pressure on this year and just let it happen.

P.S. I miss you.

No comments: