Thursday, October 23, 2008

I love and miss and love and miss and love and miss and rest in bed to sleep to try to sleep I try to sleep but sleep doesn't come easy anymore and so I lay in bed I rest in bed lay in bed on my back while past present and future all circle and swirl in my head as I lay in my bed try to rest a little while rest a little while till sleep slowly comes. And when it doesn't, sit up, drink, swallow that little pill until body calms more than brain, brain slows, thoughts cease to stir, and sleep sleep sleep come up and over. Calm calm calm, the superficial sleep grants false calm, shallow sleep take over and I beg to dream of love so I won't miss. Let me dream of love till it's in my hand again.

Tonight I will lay in bed, beg to rest, beg to sleep, beg to dream. Of him and love and sunshine and sunsets over Mediterranean seas, breeze bring seasalts in my hair, sleep and dream of his fingers running through my hair, back to chest, legs wrap, shared heartbeat beat as one, dream as one, declare as one that G-d is One, one heartbeat shared with him and the world and the world and the world, and a land that breathes and a sea that smells - that feels - like home.

No comments: