Friday, October 17, 2008

Just another Friday

It seems to be more apparent to me these past couple of days that I'm losing my mind - or at least my memory.

For the second time in two days I have managed to lock myself out of my apartment at times when all 3 of my roommates are not home and I'm left to fend for myself. Yup, I'm a dodo.

So this time I realized I had locked myself out while on the phone with a certain boy after running pre-shabbat errands. Not panicking I call the one in law school to have the option of talking to his vmail. Why worry the boy. Instead I call one of my most reliable and adult-like friends/roommate/brother/future bridesdude and venture towards the glitz and glamor of 5th avenue to meet him for the key. It's a crisp and beautiful day in New York and had I not been carrying around aluminum trays, toilet paper and dishwashing soap amongst NY elite, I may have been able to appreciate the scene like the rest of the beautiful people and feel like I, too, am a tourist in this city. Instead I felt like a douche as I'm sure you can understand. I mean, you really have to picture me with greasy hair, uncovered blemish, coat and flip flops carrying around household items. Pretty priceless.

My roommate now thinks I need to carry my keys on a belt at all times like a special person. Sweet. In addition to my keys I have also managed to misplace one of my favorite pairs of earrings, tweezers, and numerous other trinkets. I hope I'm better with friends and family and remember where I last left them.

No comments: