Thursday, July 19, 2007

I need a vacation

From people, places and things. From NY. From the feeling of being stifled and suffocated at once. I am so tired of having my freedom lost at my own expense. I am so tired of feeling like every piece of my life is being monitored - I am told by people when I have lost weight, how I do my makeup all the time, that my shoes are wrong, that my walk in my shoes are wrong, whether I really will return to Israel or not. Opinions are best when asked for and I rarely ask because as a person who only likes to receive criticism on her own terms, I am particularly offended by peoples' too-often too-easily given honesty.

I am starting to feel the way I did in Israel before that trip up North which was a breath of fresh air. I am starting to itch for privacy and hands to be unclasped from around my neck and the phone to stop ringing for once because honestly - if I may be honest without your request - I don't care to give advice on every little inquiry every 5 minutes. How happy I am that not everyone reads this.

I miss my sunshine and the ability to walk to the beach when I want and be anonymous when I want and have coffee for one at a table for one and the ability to change that at times. I miss freedom. I miss Israel. I miss my bf. I need a vacation for one or maybe two.

No comments: