Thursday, July 19, 2007

Watching Victoria Beckham on TV makes me miss the Brits in Tel Aviv

And the North Americans I associate with them. I know it's terrible of me to stereotype and group my friends together, but I can't help it. Tonight I watched a re-run of Posh's show on the telly and all the while I saw bits and pieces of my friends in her and also the bits and pieces of my friends that she is lacking. It made me wish I was back in Tel Aviv sharing a glass of wine and a fag along with some story about a boy. Or dancing on a bar till the wee hours of the morning...or at least trying to control my drinking so that I can make it that long.

I miss the face time because that's what we had. And no matter what technology has to offer, I can be phased out if not for that face time. I don't want to be forgotten. In fact I want to draw myself in photos where I am not. I may sound ridiculous, I may sound lonely, but really I'm just a girl in the best city in the world who wishes she was back in Tel Aviv.

1 comment:

albertchen11 said...

ok im going to go out on a limb here but every now and then im really tired of who i am, maybe its bc tody im ever so slightly hung over and worked very late yesterday and stayed out even later, but there was a time when i wanted to make art, and right now im so tired of who i am, when i read ur entries, i think, u know what i never danced until the wee hours of the morning on say a wednesday in march, usually if im out late i am voraciously drinking, its as if i am doing it to see how much drunker i can get, sometimes if i know i have work the next day, then it becomes a pace myself kind of thing, please make the next entry inspirational, do it, do it, do it...