Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ending 2007 with a bang

Well a thud really. A fall...yeah so it was raining last night and my wonderfully comfortable and beautiful but lacking in traction shoes gave me a slip while trying to go towards a bagel place last night. So my coat had to go to the dry cleaners today to be ready pre-holidays, my butt hurts, my jeans smelled like dirty Brooklyn water, and I was in desperate need of a shower at 5:30am. Oh, and I have a cold. I was on the verge of crying last night. I think I've just about had it with 2007. It was a good run but I'm ready for new things, new numbers. In case you don't know, I think I'm a clairvoyant - I've been known to make predictions that have come true, however they're all baby-related. But now I make 2008 predictions. My friend and I have agreed that 2008 is going to be a good year. This even year is going to be a great year. I just have a feeling. Many people are going to meet their partners in 2008 - not everyone though, just some people. For others there will be new business opportunities. As for myself...well, I can't predict for myself because I have this problem where I just can't invision myself in the future for some odd reason. I hope that's not a sign of sorts in itself. That could be scary...

Oh how this time of year makes me miss Israel. Lately I've been obsessively listening to Israeli radio on line at work but I never get to rock out. I feel like more than the news, it's the music that makes me feel connected. I know I'm going to have to go for a visit soon. I was hoping that I could come over the xmas/New Year's break but my budget just can't cover that right now. It's all good though. Soon when it's right.

There's so much more to say. Like how my friend suggested I make the time to write in a very focused manner every day. Not when I am inspired to write, but just to write for the sake of writing consistently. I'm working on it. I hope to focus on that this week. Too bad I don't like my journal though. I don't like small pages, I feel that the limitations of space limit my ideas and ability to write freely, so I'm moving back towards spiral notebooks.

...

For those of you who don't know, I started freelancing at a boutique PR firm in the city the end of November. A week ago I was offered and accepted a full-time position. I even signed my papers and filled out the direct deposit form. It's quite exciting. And for all you Brits out there, one of the clients I will be working on is Boots. They're trying to get out there in the US market w/their cosmetics line and also haircare and skincare products. So finally, right? I guess my hard work paid off. I'm very excited about this opportunity. Let's hope I work hard enough to earn myself a promotion and raise within 5 months - that's the goal. Oh 2008, how I await your arrival.

2 comments:

Shara Grif said...

I'm coming to NY!
And we'll play, right?
We can talk about Israel and sing all the songs you want :)

cornflake girl said...

We will mos definitely play. I await your arrival and Hughie's along w/2008.