Friday, March 28, 2008

I keep having the weirdest dreams

It started about a month ago when I had a sex dream about a friend. I was wearing this yellow t-shirt I got from fashion week and my green boy-cut shorts. I woke up puzzled but ignored it, writing it off to a repressed sexuality of late.

Then two nights ago I had a dream where I was with the Brit boy at our engagement party. He was in his typical dress - sweater and pants - and I was dressed pretty frum - black and white striped skirt with black three-quarter sleeved shirt and stick straight hair.

What I found odd was that in my dream I knew I didn't have a ring and I couldn't recall being proposed to - it was just all implied. Just like his intentions of coming to the states just to get is engaged and whisk me off to Israel. And of course my mom in typical fashion says to me, "I don't think this is such a good idea." But apparently his bubbe did only it was a friend's bubbe and she was wearing a blue sweater with sparkly wifebeater underneath.

He and I eventually snuck off to the side away from everyone to fool around but stopped when his bubbe came into the room but didn't see us.

That's what I get for eating Mac n cheese and pickles before bed.

Then last night I had an odd dream as well. I was at my ex's parents' house for shabbat or something and he was there with a couple of friends - one of which I had to remind to don a kippa - and some girl who was supposed to be his current girlfriend.

Another part of the dream involved me driving a white Jeep that was supposed to be my friend's and she was in the passenger seat and I kept speeding and driving in circles until we spun out of control and I crashed the back and side of the car.

That's what I get for eating honey bbq chips and sour cream before bed.

And then all day today I couldn't shake the feeling that my being here isn't some big mistake and I should be in Israel where you get to really LIVE and that I wish I was married and on the way to raising children. Weird huh?

No comments: