Sunday, March 30, 2008

I've figured it out

First of all, let me preface this by saying I am LOVING this mobile blogger!

Anyway, so I'm going through this phase of regret coupled with this confusion. I am all at once immersed in this "fast-paced" world that is New York just trying to make a life, and realizing that a life not truly lived isn't worth living. And at those moments of clarity I miss Israel the most. Where I never knew how rich my life was until now. So in these days of late I keep thinking about how I can envision myself moving back and wondering how soon or if it really will be a reality.

But if that's the case, why am I planning to move into the city when money can be saved best at home? I guess because I have to live that life too. I just wish I wasn't going to live it alone...

You know, sometimes I still very much want the apartment in Neve Tzedek with the garden and Tzfat-azure shutters (I'll fight for the dog too). I look forward to the possibility of someday. I look forward to 2008 bringing the grandeur I hoped for.

Shavua tov.

3 comments:

albertchen11 said...

terrific entry

Marni said...

Hi,

I totally understand you. I am currently in law school and am constantly asking myself why I came back and did this instead of staying in Israel. Why am I sitting here in this stupid Sales class when I could be having a limonada on the Tayelet in Tel Aviv. But then I think, I am in law school so that someday I can afford to have those limonadas.

Things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to. I am sure if it is in your heart to return to Israel, then you will when the time is right for you. And I know that Israel will still be there when I finish law school, and hopefully I will be able to go there and get a job that I both enjoy and allows me to lead a lifestyle that I can be satisfied with.

Making a living in Israel is hard, as I am sure you know, just think of yourself on a path where your work experience will eventually allow you to go back and provide you with more opportunities.

Good luck!
Marni

cornflake girl said...

Thanks Marni! That really perked up my Monday morning :) And who knows, maybe someday we'll both find ourselves on the tayelet having a chat over some limonadas. B'hatzlacha!