Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's 10:45 at night in Israel

And I'm here at my desk feeling helpless. Much like I once did 3 years ago during the hitnagkut, the removing of Israelis from the shtachim - the settlements. Not being able to wrap my mind around it, watching the news unravel before my eyes while at work I used to sit and write, much like I am now, just so I could grasp what was going on in the world on the other side. I still feel like even if I'd only be watching the news, I'd rather it be there.

In case you don't know, there was a terrorist attack at a seminary in Jerusalem. When I first heard of it, it was around the time when Israeli youth would start getting ready to go out. Thursday night is party night you know. Or at least it used to be when I was there.

Hashem yishmor aleinu.

No comments: