Monday, December 15, 2008

I want

Bookcases
Painted walls
The feeling I get when I see you holding a baby

Sandwich and waffle makers
Homemade pancakes on Sundays
Coffee in bed

Black & white and color photo montages mounted on my walls
Order to differentiate from the chaos
Candles to be lit
Wax drip overflowing

I want you
To remember what it felt like to be in love
To run into the ocean
Crash into the waves harder than they crash into you
To laugh loudly and so hard your belly hurts

I want someone to dance with in the kitchen
and sing with in the shower
To want to hold my hair when I'm sick
but allow me to push away

I want you
To remind me why this started in the first place
Help me actualize every dream I ever had
Bring childhood hope and adolescent passion into an adult awakening

No comments: