Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Purpose, timing and projects

Today my eyes opened around 7am. This is an incredible concept to me for a couple of reasons: 1. because lately my body just craves a lot of sleep, 2. I fell asleep around 2am after watching an episode of Coupling and Gavin & Stacey on BBCA, and 3. because these days I tend to struggle to find a reason to get out of bed before 10am.

But today was a little different. I have a lunch date and even though it doesn't occur until 2, well, I guess I wanted to be prepared. Put my best foot forward. So as I tip-toed out of bed after I came to terms with the fact that I was awake before 1pm, I realized I had a sick, sleeping roommate on the couch and had to tip-toe even more. Just my luck that when I want to make a cup of coffee at 7:15am I need to be mindful of the noise that washing my favorite coffee mug and putting on the kettle bring.

In other news, I have decided to take on a little project of mine. I have decided that I need to write more poetry no matter how big or small. So for every day of this month, I am attempting to actually set aside the time to write a new poem. For the 7 of you who are actually reading this, I'd like to ask a little favor. If you think of a topic - even if it's about eating avocados on Wednesdays - let me know via the various methods of contact. I'm open!

No comments: