Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Weird dreams and perpetual sickness

Two nights ago I had a strange series of dreams that were all so graphic and vivid. I dreamt that I was pregnant, about to burst, and the baby was crowning - I literally saw half of my baby's forehead - topped with dark brown/black hair, then I woke up in a daze. Determined to know what happened in the dream, I forced myself back to sleep without my 9 months pregnant belly that was now post-partum flabby. I was in an apartment I didn't recognize in Tel Aviv with roommates I had never met before. In my dream I knew things had been rearranged and that they were angry with me. The nasty one said something about the babies (plural!). Was I a bad mother? Had I left my twins somewhere in the apartment unattended and this pissed off my roommates? I think I understood that the babies were with someone...who was supposed to be my mother? A guardian figure? I can't remember. Then there was the section with the television that didn't have cable and when I turned it on it had 6 channels. I can explain almost every part of these dreams, with multiple explainations for each part.

I wish I could write about them in a mythological way of great proportions like Susi can...but that would mean that I'd have to give it all and there are some things I want to keep for myself...or explain in person...

Well...I'm looking forward to tomorrow. A night of drinking, dancing, dress-wearing and feeling like a princess, if only for one night. So I hope I can fight off sickness till then. Yes, I'm sick again. For the third time since I got here. I'm convinced I will be sick through Pesach (G-d forbid!)

I want to say this one final thing. I have amazing friends here who are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. I hope that even if Prince Charming doesn't show us what it is to feel like a princess, we can do that for each other until he shows up.

No comments: