Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Ex Files

Last night was an episode of the Ex Files of the worst kind. Two (2!) exes in one (1!) dream. Well now I've truly outdone myself. The dream involved a wedding or two - I'm not very sure if it was my wedding to someone I have never met before or my ex's wedding or a friend of his or maybe all of the above. My chatan was an older Persian man I had no interest in, but who gave me an engagement ring and put it on my left middle finger, and another ring that had a diamond in it and two black (onyx?) hearts one next to the other on my right hand. The whole time there was some underlying longing for Ex #1. Big surprise.

The next section of the dream was in someone's apartment. We were eating with the food on the kitchen table while everyone else was in the living room. Sheva brachot? Ex #1 was in the living room (wearing a black kippa) and not saying anything. Ex #2 was in the kitchen when I went in to get something, looking about 10 - 15 lbs. lighter, with shorter hair and his face was red. This could have been from anger, because he was mad at someone I think over a money issue. But when I walked in and first saw him, I greeted him with a "hi sunburn!" and a big smile. I didn't like seeing his temper in my dream, it made me feel uncomfortable.

At least I didn't wake up with a stir, just rather slowly and with great confusion. Like why all the wedding talk and the ex's. I blame it on the conversation of the previous day, or my current state of mind.

The good news is that I got tucked in last night by my new bff who made me hot chocolate this morning. He's so bless! The other good news is that after a planned trip to the gym (I hope I carry through) and a nice hot shower we get to go out dancing tonight! I can't wait to dance on a bar and be sober enough to not fall off. And of course end the evening with glorious Magic Burger :) I love the weekend.

No comments: