Monday, March 12, 2007

Spoken word swirl Sunday topped with eclectic music

Last night poetry swirled through my head, starting from before the open mic began all the way through my sleep. In my dreams, I saw the faces of poets, heard their words, hopped from reading to reading in order to support my peers. I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming as I lay somewhere in a state in between. I think I tossed and turned last night in a whirl as I left one venue and suddenly arrived at the next. When I awoke this morning, I think I was still dreaming.

I now know why I can only have these open mics bi-weekly. They make me nervous and antsy and afterwards I'm in a blissful state of exhaustion and satisfaction. These days I feel like I've accomplished something, even if it's not my career. I just wish the folks back home were around to see it.

1 comment:

Scott Hughes said...

I haven't been to enough spoken word shows to go through that. It sounds cool to me, though, even if it exhausts you.